In developing this new generation of fluxes no concessions have been made regarding the quality, or pourability, or any other of the properties you so appreciate in our Hegaflux® products.
Hegaflux Ferrokill® brings the following advantages:
- It is easy to use - without the need for additional chemicals.
- It is no longer necessary to use ammonia (NH3) or hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
- Iron is precipitated from the flux continuously.
- It is no longer necessary to exchange the flux; interruptions to production associated with this step are thus a thing of the past.
- The flux bath parameters, e.g. pH value, flux density, ZnCl2 : NH4Cl ratio, are monitored and regulated throughout.
- The volumes of zinc ash and dross have been reduced.
- The flux mixer and its connected filter system (Fluxomat) can be installed outside the pretreatment system. This facilitates access to the system and provides extra protection against corrosion.
- Interruptions to production caused by the need to add flux are a thing of the past because doses are metered during the liquid phase.
- If the 'Fluxomat' is used the flux is filtered continually and any harmful iron(3) hydroxide is removed. This improves the drying characteristics of the flux.
- It is ideally suitable for nickel-zinc and aluminum-zinc alloys.